Physical release information:
A physical version is available. You can buy this game with some goodies on APC & TCP.
Party Release: September 2018 @ Function 2018; Final Release: 3. March 2019; Last Update: 10. March 2019
Trap Runner is a classic platform game with few twists. Mind traps, obstacles and monsters.
Beside the genre-typical jumping and running action you can cower yourself to avoid contact with low flying monsters. In later levels magic pills will help your task to save May. Collect potions to fill transparent ghost tiles with colour to make them solid. Other pills will change your own skin colour, allowing you to pass tiles with the exactly same colour.
Collect items to increase your score, gain extra lives or fulfil one of the special missions. Two of four levels a world have a mission to accomplish.
While Jay is on a picknick with his love May, a strange creature with spooky glowing eyes appears. "Har! Har! Do you really believe that a pathetic white something like you deservce such a cute girl? She belongs to me now!". With a bright flash the creature and May disappear.
Jay packs his stuff up, but somehow thinks: "If this would be a computer game from the 80's, it would be indeed a very poor and unoriginal story...".
Trap Runner Gameplay Video
Trap Runner Features
- Runs on any OCS/ECS Amiga, with 1MB RAM from Kickstart 1.2 onwards
- Fits one DD floppy disk (Uses Doynamite compression and a trackloader)
- Written in 100% 68000 assembler
- 50fps, soft parallax scrolling, more than 50 colours
- Handdrawn pixels
- More than 25 tunes and sound effects
- Options menu with extra features (joypad-button configuration, ECS-borderblank, sound check)
- Oldschool passwords system
- Writable highscore table
Trap Runner Screenshots
Trap Runner Core Team
- Code: Frank Wille (phx)
- Concept, Graphics, Music, Levels: Gerrit Wille (Trimagic)
- Producer, Beta-Test, Levels, Support, PR: Shahzad Sahaib (Kojote)
- Beta-Test, Support: Denny Müller (Mulle)
Trap Runner Helping Hands
- Graphics: Jonathan Dodd (dulcahn)
Trap Runner Downloads
|Amiga OCS Floppy Disk
(works on ECS/AGA too)
Other Amiga games by Night OWL Design
Solid Gold - you can download this game for free or buy the pysical version
Black Strawberry Cake - a Trap Runner bonus game with new story and worlds. Info and download here: night.owl.de.