Release Date: 2009; Homepage: www.gianas-return.de; Facebook: fb.com/gianas.return
Giana's Return is a multi platform sequel, taking place few years after the The Great Giana Sisters.
The Great Giana Sisters is an alltime Commodore 64 jump'n'run classic, which borrowed several elements from the well known Nintendo hit Super Mario. Created in 1987 by Armin Gessert (1963 - 2009), Manfred Trenz and Chris Huelsbeck; published by Rainbow Arts.
In 2009, the same year Armin Gessert passed away, his company Spellbound Entertainment AG released an official sequel for Nintendo DS, which is now also available for iPhone and Android devices.
Giana's Return is a tribute to the original game, but also in remembrance of Armin Gessert.
Evil Swampy and his followers have stolen the magic ruby, which made it once possible for Giana and Maria to return from their dream. Many creatures are after this ruby, but does it really has power, or was it just a coincidence?
As this is not bad enough, Swampy fell in love at first sight with Giana's sister Maria and shamelessly kidnapped her. She simply has been at the wrong place at the wrong time.
You will now have to take on the role of Giana and get back the magic ruby. And most important of all, save your beloved sister Maria and get home save! Good Luck!
Giana's Return Trailer
Giana's Return Features
- 7 Worlds, with each 8 Levels - followed by a big boss
- Power Ups and extras
- Oldschool style pixeled sprites and tiles
- Wonderful hand drawn backgrounds
- Illustrated hand drawn storyline
- Over 18 tracks of chipmusic!
- Multi-language: German, English, French, Spanish
- Password and / or savegame (depending on release platform)
- Hidden warp zones and bonus caves
- Hidden trainer
- Top 10 highscore
Giana's Return Screenshots
Giana's Return Core Team
- Main Coder: Rodolphe Boixel (Thor)
- Project Organizer, Level Design: Shahzad Sahaib (Kojote)
- Graphics Artwork: Jane S. Mumford (Jayne)
- Graphics Artwork: Adam Karol (Wizzard)
- Graphics Artwork: Simon Butler
- Graphics Artwork: Virgil Metier (tHUG)
- Graphics Artwork: Christian Hildenbrand (DayDream)
- Music: Alexander Oldemeier (Operator)
- Music: David Wuttke (AM-FM)
- Beta Testing, Web design: Denny Müller (Mulle)
Giana's Return Porting Team
- Windows, Ubuntu: Rodolphe Boixel (Thor)
- Pandora, GP2x, GP2x Wiz, Caanoo: Scott Smith (Pickle)
- Dingux, GP32: Anthony Staude (Slaanesh)
- MorphOS, AmigaOS, NetBSD: Frank Wille (phx)
- AROS: Yannick Erb
- Symbian OS UIQ3: Lars Persson (Anotherguest)
- MacOSX/Intel: Andreas Neukötter (Anti)
- Dreamcast: Xavier Vallejo (Indiket)
- GCW Zero, Dingoo A320 OpenDingux: Artur Rojek (Zear)
Giana's Return Downloads
Please visit the homepage of Giana's Return for downloading this game.
Giana's Return Legal
Giana's Return for Nintendo GameCube and Nintendo Wii are homebrew softwares and not endorsed or approved by Nintendo.
Giana's Return for Sony Playstation Portable is homebrew software and not endorsed or approved by Sony.
Giana's Return for Sega Dreamcast is homebrew software and not endorsed or approved by Sega.