Physical release information
Support Retroguru and get your physical copy of Hermes via DragonBox Shop Germany for only 15 EUR (excluding shipping). The game comes with the complete soundtrack as Audio CD (CDDA) and with a printed (!!!) comic. The CD is bootable for Dreamcast and contains few /ports in a subdirectory.
Release Date: Revision 2017; Last Update: 29. July 2017
Hermes is an extraordinary Jump'n' Run game with plenty of bad taste humour. If you feel offended by crude and dirty humour you may run away now. The game also features pixel violence and promotes the consumption of meat. If you are a hardcore vegetarian, you might very much dislike the game or just have a good laugh.
Our hero, known to his friends as Hermes, lives in France, the country of love which is also known for its exquisite cuisine. One day Hermes had an appetite for grilled chicken. Certainly a man's man like Hermes, wouldn't go to the supermarket for frozen chicken. No! He's going to slaughter his own farm-raised free range chicken, but this chicken has a mind of his own. This is where our story starts...
Chase the escaped chicken to catch it and prepare yourself an unforgettable barbecue-grilled chicken.
Yummy! But hell, that chicken sure runs fast!
- Hand set pixels!
- Amiga chiptunes!
- Score tracking!
- 32 levels!
- Hidden warp zones!
- Boss fight!
Hermes - The Goddammit Soundtrack
Hermes Core Team
- Code, Beta-Test: Lars Persson (AnotherGuest)
- Producer, Beta-Test, Levels: Shahzad Sahaib (Kojote)
- Levels, Trailer, Beta-Test: Denny Müller
- Graphics, Character Design: Krzysztof Matys (Koyot1222)
- Additional Graphics Jan Jensen (Flarfy)
- Music: Roland Voss (Triace)
- Music: Johan Letfors (Vedder)
Hermes Porting Team
- Wii, GameCube: Fabio Olimpieri (oibaf)
- Windows (32-Bit), Android, Symbian OS Series 60: Lars Persson (AnotherGuest)
- Nintendo 3DS, PS2: Gisberto Rondinella (nop90)
- Haiku: Zoltan Mizsei (miqlas)
- AROS: Yannick Erb (yannickescu)
- MotoMagX: Sergei Kolesnikov (Exl)
- Amiga OS4, MorphOS, NetBSD 7 (x86/PPC): Frank Wille (phx)
- Linux (32-Bit/64-Bit), Wiz, PlayStation Classic, PlayStation Portable, PlayStation Vita: Rodolphe Boixel (Thor)
- Dreamcast, Mac OS X (x86): Xavier Vallejo (Indiket)
- Raspberry Pi 2/3: Manuel Alfayate (Vanafel)
- OpenPandora: Grazvydas Ignotas (notaz)
Hermes Helping Hands
- Hermes Comic: Joe Askey
- Background Graphics: Virgile Metier (thUg)
Hermes for Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo GameCube and Nintendo Wii are homebrew softwares and not endorsed or approved by Nintendo.
Hermes for Sony PlayStation Classic, Portable and Vita is homebrew software and not endorsed or approved by Sony.
Hermes for Sega Dreamcast is homebrew software and not endorsed or approved by Sega.